Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday Afternoon

I just realized I haven't blogged in a while, and I'm sure my family and friends are going into withdrawal as they wait with baited breath for that which they yearn for daily: some nonsense from me.

Well, here you go.

My wife is making fried okra tonight. She informed me that she's doing it, even if it "doesn't match" dinner. Since okra is jokingly referred to around here as "the poor man's veggie" I suppose it "matches" just fine. We dropped $400 at the auto shop to fix a rear wheel bearing this week. So I'm poorer.

We've just gotten some rain here in Idaho. It's changed from warm (yesterday) to cool and wet. It's like God pushed the "refresh" button on the Idaho home page. I love the smell of recent rain. As for the mud the kids track in, the jury is still out on that.

Speaking of jury: I got a duty summons a week ago. Apparently, Idaho now knows I'm here. I neglected to ask for a postponement, though--and my obligation is the same weekend as the MS ride in Santa Barbara next month. Maybe I'll remember to call. I wouldn't want to be held in contempt of Idaho court. That would be an interesting first impression.

1 comment:

Neli42 said...

That would be "bated" breath, silly...
I love the rain, too. And love you!