Friday, May 25, 2007

Quick Cycling Thought

I was over reading a bit on the The Fat Cyclist blog earlier and posted a comment that came to me regarding the doping scandals in cycling: "Lance" is an anagram of "clean." Of course "Floyd" isn't, but I still think Landis was clean as well. I'm not sure why, but in my gut, I trust him...at least more than the WADA and USADA. Definitely more than Lemond, which is an anagram for L Demon.

Anyway, with Bjarne Riis coming out saying he doped today, and willing to give back his maillot jeune and be stripped of his title, the pressure ratchets a bit on ol' Floyd. Looks like Erik Zabel and some other elite cyclists have come out of the Rx closet as well. Why isn't anyone looking at Miguel Indurain? Five in a row? He had to be on EPO, right?

If Indu goes down, though, I think my heart would break. I'm Danish by heritage and Basque at heart. Riis's confession I can live with...but I've been to Indu's hometown...lived 2km from it...cheered loudly when he was dominating...I don't know what I'd do.

No comments: