Tuesday, May 19, 2009

UPDATE! NEW! IMPROVED!

Some commenter known as "basquegirl" recently (this morning) posted a reply that wondered aloud if anyone updates this blog.

Well "basquegirl" yes, someone does update it. Just not often. Not nearly as often as the aforementioned blog owner updates his Facebook page.

That's right, Facebook:Blogspot::Video:Radio Star in my universe. Put all the blame on VCR. I am an avid Facebooker and my stellar blog full of insightful commentary and spot-on analysis has suffered because of it. The real losers in this battle for 'net supremacy are you, all three of you, who follow my blog just waiting for just a taste of the knowledge that drips from this site.

Some things I've been thinking about over the past little while:

1) Salt Lake City sure does love them some cycling, but not as much as Boise does.
2) Saw Angels and Demons last night. Didn't read the book. Will now. Ewan McGregor was a great Camerlengo, and I don't even know if I've spelled that right. Anyway, during the movie, I couldn't stop confusing in my head the "Camerlengo" with "Carlomagno" (who is an ancestor of mine, FYI)
3) If you enjoy mixed nuts, try shopping at the downtown SLC Smith's after 9:30. The aisles were full of filberts when I went
4) basquegirl is pretty awesome and so are her kids
5) My wife gave us a second chance at getting Mother's Day right. Not sure if we succeeded, but part deux was certainly better than part deuce--which was really part one.
6) No place on earth is short on oblivions. Thankfully, no place on earth seems to be short on nice people, too. This seems to be some sort of societal yin-yang symbiosis that God has created so we don't lose faith in humanity.
7) I think if people would read their particular books of scripture--and then behave as they've been instructed--this world would certainly be a much better place to live. If only 10% of would do that (me included!!!), it would be a stellar existence. Now that I think of it, it's probably about 10% who don't that are gumming it up for the rest who are trying (or who can't read). Wha
8) It would be cool if Spring would go a little longer and not jump from 60 degrees to 95 degrees in 24 hours. I don't need anymore Al Gore-induced headaches. It's the change of seasons, not the Apocalypse.
9) Walking to work is cool, especially when it's not just down the stairs
10) I'm pretty optimistic about what will happen and I hope you are too!

No comments: